|Employer & Commuter Benefits|
It Pays to Ride METRO Bus
Employers along METRO Bus Routes:
There are many reasons to commute to work on METRO. (Check out these testimonials!)
- As an employer-paid benefit, employers do not pay taxes on the value of this benefit.
- Employers receive a tax deduction for the expense.
- As a pre-tax benefit, employers can allow employees to elect to exchange taxable salary,
- As a shared-cost benefit, employers can share the cost of commuting and still take advantage of
Promote "Green" Transportation*
- Public transportation in the U.S. reduces carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 6.9 million metric tonnes.
- One person switching to public transit can reduce daily carbon emissions by 20 pounds, or more than
- The average household spends 18 cents of every dollar on transportation, and 94% of this goes to
- Individuals who ride public transportation can save on average $9,343 annually based on the July 7, 2010
Free up valuable parking spaces
- Take the bus to work and save on parking expenses, avoid hassles trying to find parking and free up